Monday 10 July 2017
Compete to be one of 7 Schools submitting 7 #EnviroChallenge project ideas. The top 3 will get to make their projects happen. Up for the challenge of tackling Indonesia's biggest environmental challenges, starting with your own school? Then join us!
"Envirochallenge 2017" Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to high school, vocational high school, and Madrasah Aaliyah students in the Jabodetabek area, classes 10 and 11.
- Each team will include 25 students. 20 students will make up the project execution team and 5 students will work together as the project’s social media team.
- One school may submit up to two teams, for a total of 50 participants.
- Each team must be accompanied by one teacher to serve as a guardian.
- Participating groups must complete the competition registration form available here or the Gerakan Indonesia Diet Kantong Plastik’s website (dietkantongplastik.info).
- A student identification card for each participant must be submitted upon registration.
- Each participating team must submit an essay (see instructions below) in order to participate in Envirochallenge 2017 activities.
- Each participating school must have existing extracurricular activities related to the environment that have been running for at least two years.
- Selected finalists will complete a confirmation letter of cooperation submitted via email, in order to carry out their EnviroChallenge 2017 projects.
- Each group must submit an original, Indonesian-language essay describing their project idea.
- The essay should explain the environmental challenges present at school and should make reference to how the project addresses a United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal 12, Responsible Production and Consumption or 14, Life Below Water. Review these goals at http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/.
- Essays should be written in Indonesian and contain a maximum of 500 words (excluding the title of the essay).
- Essays should be written in Times New Roman font, Size 12 and single spaced.
- Any external sources must be cited.
- Plagiarism of any kind, including claiming someone else’s ideas as your own, failing to site a source you have referenced, or copying and pasting information gathered from the internet or a printed source will result in your immediate disqualification from the competition
- Participating teams must submit the application form and essay to email@example.com by August 16, 2017.
- The schools selected to participate in Envirochallenge 2017 will be contacted by e-mail and via social media at:
- AtAmerica (Facebook); @atamerica (Twitter); @america (Instagram)
- @iddkp (Diet Kantong Plastik Twitter and Instagram) and DietKantongPlastik (Facebook)
For further information, contact us at:
- Facebook Fanpage: AtAmerica and DietKantongPlastik
- Twitter: @atamerica and @iddkp